Update on school open or closed – 13th December

//Update on school open or closed – 13th December

Update on school open or closed – 13th December

During the day today, we have managed to get onto the site to remove an amount of the lying snow on the road at the front of the school (thanks to Mr Wyatt for his contact).  This has however exposed a lot of packed ice under it.  We were hopefully that a Powys gritter lorry would come to grit the area to help with melting this to make the site safer.  At the point of writing this, this has yet to take place.  Unless this is made safe for pupils and staff to move on, the site will not be safe, however with a potential change in the weather which may benefit us, I am minded to wait until the early morning of the 13th December prior to making a final decision on the school being open or closed.  Williams Coaches have said that they would expect most routes to run, however there may be some change to routes, especially if the road are still risky yo travel on.

I would ask that parents and carers may wish to make contingency plans in case the decision is made to close the school again tomorrow.  Can I thank you all for your understanding over the last few days.  Please do continue to check the Powys closed school site for any further updates.

By | 2017-12-12T17:25:47+00:00 December 12th, 2017|News|

About the Author: