Welcome to Brecon High School.
I am delighted to introduce you to Brecon High School. The school is currently on a very exciting journey as it is due to move into a new building in October 2019. The building will host state of the art facilities that will foster an outstanding learning environment for all that attend. Leading Brecon High School is a huge privilege and a responsibility that I take very seriously. I hold an open door approach to leading the school and am always willing to welcome any parents, carers or guests that may wish to visit.
Achieving excellence does not happen overnight. The school has recently experienced a challenging Estyn report. My response is to lead the school to move forward and to set high standards for every member of our learning community. By making these standards as consistent as possible, I aim to develop Brecon into one of the leading schools within Powys.
I believe that Brecon benefits from having a very supportive community of parents and carers and am therefore looking forward to working closely with you in all in order to provide every pupil with the skills, experiences and opportunities to flourish in later life.
This website is being updated regularly and will be updated with further examples of the successes our pupils are experiencing.
The vision for Brecon High School
The vision for Brecon High School is defined as –
Preparing students for their future by developing strong values, and maximising personal potential in a safe and caring learning environment
This will be achieved by:
- Each student taking responsibility for their learning
- Providing the skills for every student to be prepared for their future
- All staff to have high expectations for all students
- Providing a high quality teaching and learning experience
- Developing independent learning skills
- Make education a journey not a competition, creating life long learners
- Raising the profile of our Welsh identity both within the school and our local community
- Offering a range of opportunities in and outside the classroom
- Staff, students, governors and parents being united to achieve success
- Being inclusive and consistent for all students
- Celebrating the success of our students
- Communicating through a range of media
- Setting aspirational yet achievable targets for all students
- Creating a learning environment that inspires and supports learning