Good luck to all our pupils sitting them this year, Pob Lwc!
Regulations – Make sure you understand the rules
1. Be on time for all your exams. If you are late, your work might not be accepted
2. Do not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice during the exam.
3. If you try to cheat, or break the rules in any way, you could be disqualified from all your subjects.
4. You must not take into the exam room
5. Do not use correcting pens, fluid or tape, erasable pens, highlighters or gel pens in your answers.
6. Do not talk to or try to communicate with, or disturb other candidates once the exam has started.
7. You must not write inappropriate, obscene or offensive material.
8. You are not permitted to leave the exam room before the published finish time of the exam.
9. Do not borrow anything from another candidate during the exam.
Potential technological/web enabled sources of information such as an iPod, an iWatch, a mobile phone, an MP3/4 player or a wrist watch which has a data storage device
Any pencil cases taken into the exam room must be see-through.
Remember: possession of unauthorised material is breaking the rules, even if you do not intend to use it, and you will be subject to penalty and possible disqualification.
Information – Make sure you attend your exams and bring what you need
1. All morning exams begin at 9:00 a.m. Afternoon exams begin at 1:00 p.m. Do not go to registration or assembly if you have an exam, you should go straight to the exam room making sure that you arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the exam.
2. If an afternoon exam is longer than 2½ hours you will have to make your own arrangements for transport home if you normally travel on a school bus.
3. If you arrive late for an exam, report to reception. If you arrive more than one hour after the published starting time for the exam, you may not be allowed to take it.
4. Only take into the exam room the pens, pencils, erasers and any other equipment which you need for the exam.
5. You must write in black ink. Coloured pencils or inks may only be used for diagrams, maps, charts, etc. unless the instructions printed on the front of the question paper state otherwise.
1. If you use a calculator:
make sure it works properly; check that the batteries are working properly;
clear anything stored in it;
remove any parts such as cases, lids or covers which have printed instructions or formulas;
do not bring into the exam room any operating instructions or prepared programs
Instructions during the exam
1. Always listen to the invigilator. Follow their instructions at all times.
2. Tell the invigilator at once if:
you think you have not been given the right question paper or all of the materials listed on the front of the paper;
the question paper is incomplete or badly printed.
3. Read carefully and follow the instructions printed on the question paper and/or on the answer booklet.
4. Fill in all the details required on the front of the question paper and/or the answer booklet before you start the exam.
Make sure you fill these details in on any additional answer sheets that you use.
5. Remember to write your answers within the designated sections of the answer booklet.
6. Do your rough work on the proper exam stationery. Cross it through and hand it in with your answers.
Make sure you add your candidate details to any additional answer sheets that you use.
Advice and assistance
1. If on the day of the exam you feel that your work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, tell the invigilator.
2. Put up your hand during the exam if:
you have a problem and are in doubt about what you should do;
you do not feel well;
you need more paper.
3. You must not ask for, and will not be given, any explanation of the questions.
At the end of the exam
1. If you have used more than one answer booklet and/or any loose sheets of paper, place them in the correct order. Make sure you add your candidate details to any additional answer sheets that you use.
2. Do not leave the exam room until told to do so by the invigilator.
3. Do not take from the exam room any stationery. This includes the question paper, answer booklets used or unused, rough work or any other materials provided for the exam.